Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Foray into Food Photography

I was struck by the realisation this morning that the only way I'm going to be able to take great photos is to start by taking crap photos. And lots of them. So, I began with my picturing my breakfast this morning.


A green(ish) smoothie. Banana, orange, blueberries, spinach, bok choy, mesquite and acai. (Ok, so it's a little out of focus. I have great respect for people who can photograph a smoothie in a jar and make it look fabulous)

It's good, see!


I bought some carob yesterday to see if I like it. Turns out I do. Very much. Especially when it's in the form of these tasty carob, tahini and oat balls.



Also featured is today's lunch:


Kelp noodles with a cashew cheese sauce, mushrooms, kale, tomato and capsicum. Leftover from dinner last night. And delicious!
Somehow, even after all this faffing about I still ended up being less late to work than usual. Go figure.

On my lunch break I headed down to the market for some supplies and another opportunity to work on my photography skills.


(Hello my deliciously ugly little friends...)


So there it is. My first foray into food photography. Hopefully it can only get better! And hopefully soon. I've got big plans for my camera and I tomorrow. Oh the suspense!

No comments:

Post a Comment