Friday, October 29, 2010

It's Alive!








Drum roll please....I finally have a vegetable garden! It's only taken three weekends; one to clear the huge mess, one to work out what the hell to do with the giant pile of weeds I'd created, and one to purchase and plant.

There's regular mint, Vietnamese mint, Moroccan mint (just to cover all bases!), parsley, sage, chives, oregano, coriander, dill, basil, chillies, tomato, spinach, silverbeet, cucumber, capsicum, eggplant, zucchini and squash. You know, thought I'd start small...

And they're growing! Which is the complete opposite of anything I've ever had a plant do before. I am, as Sherry Strong would say, 'horticulturally retarded'.

Look at my zucchini!


Ta-da! A new leaf! Whose a good little planty!

It's also given me an excuse to play with my camera, so expect to see more of the progress of my new little babies.

As for this weekend, I plan on spending the rest of today doing some yoga
(if anyone's interested Yoga Download are having a 40% off sale this weekend, the code is 'HALLOWEEN2010'), cleaning the house, and working on reading the giant pile of books next to my bed. And tomorrow I'm heading down to World Vegan Day for some inspiration and tasty food.

In other super exciting news, my brand new toy arrived last week.


It was love at first blend. Banana icecream never tasted so good. Especially after having to lug the box home in the heat. Note to self: cheap trolley + awkwardly weighted box + awkward individual + cobblestones is a recipe for disaster. I haven't quite recovered from the experience yet. And I haven't had a chance to spend some quality time experimenting with him yet, but that's what rainy days are for, right? Next stop homemade hommus.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, long time no blog! Just wanted to stop by and say hey...and yes, it does seem like we share a lot of the same common goals. How is life with your new blender?! I am planning on getting one as soon as I get my tax money this spring. Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had a veggie garden!! but alas, we're renting and there is no space :(

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete